National eLearning Resource Centre (NELRC)
The University of Kelaniya has proudly established National E-Learning Resource Center (NELRC) to produce skillful, competent and well-educated professionals for Sri Lanka through e-learning. NELRC is attached to Faculty of Computing and Technology. The objectives of NELRC are:
- To disseminate e-culture through awareness and media campaigns to prepare the community to accept and interact with e-learning.
- To create public and private sector partnership for professional and career development
- To promote anywhere, anytime learning in Sri Lanka
- To provide knowledge at doorstep for rural areas in Sri Lanka
- To promote blended teaching and learning in Sri Lanka
- To act as a professional certification and accreditation authority
- To increase employability of young people
- To attract overseas investors and outsourcing jobs by creating a national knowledge work force
To become a center of excellence in innovative teaching and learning to make everyone employable.
Providing an effective e-learning environment through advanced information and communication technologies to allow the learner be the center of the education process and to foster necessary employable skilled human resources to the nation.